The Rose Quartz Roller: Why We Love Rose Quartz for the Month of Love
The relationship you have with yourself makes a big impact on how you live your life + interact with others. So leaning on our tried and true concept of self-health, we wanted to shine a light on a special (and fun) way to be kind to yourself. Here’s an easy way to show yourself some extra love this month.
Introducing the love stone: rose quartz.
Whether you’re into the “woo-woo” properties of crystals or not, there’s no denying the way a rose quartz roller improves circulation + rejuvenates your skin.
There’s no better stone for the month of love.
If you need a boost of skin healing benefits and practices that are kind to yourself – look no further than our prized pink beauty roller. This quick, effective, and calming ritual is one that’ll have your mind relaxed + your skin glowing.
History of Rose Quartz + Rose Quartz Properties
Like many natural stones, rose quartz has been around for thousands and thousands of years. And luckily for us, there’s plenty of rich history on just how powerful this stone is.
Rose quartz is traditionally known as the stone of love, the heart stone, and the crystal of universal/unconditional love. (There are many variations, these are just a few – you get the point.)
Rose quartz is prized for being a highly durable stone.1 It’s also the second most abundant mineral on the planet.2 It’s mainly produced in Brazil, South Africa, India, and Madagascar.1
It’s stacked up some serious value over the course of history when it comes to beautification. Facial masks made of rose quartz have been found in Egyptian tombs. These gemstone masks were believed to clear the complexion and prevent wrinkles.3
But that’s not all. Rose quartz also contains a variety of natural minerals in its composition with emotional and metaphysical health benefits like:4
- Emotional recovery – helps support emotional well-being from heartbreak
- Self-confidence – aids in finding your inner self + self-acceptance.
- Physical healing – said to contain energy that improves circulation + physical aches
- Healthy skin – helps reduce wrinkles, soothe burns, and reduce scarring
- Balancing chakras – helps you achieve balance to connect mind, body, and soul
- Encourages unconditional love – supports feelings of connection to yourself and others
You’re probably catching on to the incredible benefits of a holistic tool bolstered by this ancient stone variety. It’s a combo worth talking about.
Indulge in Double the Benefits
Yep, a rose quartz roller provides you double the benefits of just a roller or a rose quartz stone – all packed into one small tool. As you may know, facial rollers are widely praised for their skin-soothing and de-puffing effects.
But there’s a lot more to this rose quartz roller than just de-puffing.
Ridged Roller Benefits
On its own, a ridged roller has a large variety of benefits because it:
- Detoxifies skin tissues by supporting lymphatic flow and drainage
- Stimulates circulation and blood flow
- Smoothes signs of aging
- Minimizes puffiness (especially when cold from the fridge/freezer)
- Plumps the skin naturally (hello jello skin)
- Stimulates collagen production
- Boosts blood flow to feed the skin nutrients from within
And our rollers are designed with a ridged texture for extra targeted results. You’re welcome. ;)
Rose Quartz Benefits
By now, you know that the rose quartz stone has a plethora of physical and emotional/spiritual benefits. Let’s break them down by category:
- Enhances product absorption
- Improves skin elasticity
- Encourages circulation
- Calms inflammation
- Brightens complexion
Emotional and Spiritual Benefits:
- Represents unconditional love, harmony, and acceptance, including inner peace.4
- Supports an open heart + connection with yourself and others for extra emotional support/boost to your skincare. It’s more than just skin-deep.
Here’s the best part about this tool: it’s super easy to use.
How to Use Your Rose Quartz Roller to Enhance Your Skin + Heart
One of our favorite parts of this holistic facial tool is just how simple and easy it is to use. No special skills or complicated routine required to embrace your rose quartz roller.
Here are a few tips and tricks to use along the way for best results:
1. Apply your mist, serum, and cream to your cleansed skin (this provides enough slip for the roller to easily roll).
Serums are the best compliment to your roller – which is why we actually sell them as a combo.
Always apply your serum before rolling.
We love our plumping serum the most for pairing with the rose quartz roller – it goes hand-in-hand with the skin-plumping effects of your tool.
If you’re open to receiving, the spiritual and emotional benefits are bountiful. Starting your practice with an open heart boosts your experience in an extra special way.
If you're not into the emotional side of things, you're still engaging your parasympathetic nervous system (similar to dry brushing), which supports your desired skin-glowing results.
3. Start rolling under your ear down towards your collarbone with light strokes.
Short and light downward strokes stimulate the lymphatic system best.
4. Now, it’s time to roll upwards to boost blood flow.
Medium/firm strokes with your roller target muscle tension and reduce signs of aging/discoloration.
Always use your face roller to work around active breakouts/inflammation. This promotes flow and circulation around the area. The result? It brings nutrients to needed areas to heal the skin from within.
Follow this chart for the correct flow/pattern.
5. Breathe and enjoy the relaxing strokes, soaking in the benefits of the beautiful rose quartz + improved flow.
- Repeat daily for best results.
See? Simple. Here are a few more ideas to level up your rolling. ;)
Our Favorite Tips + Tricks
→ Activate acupressure points on the face with the end of the handle for added benefits.
- The rounded end can be used to activate acupressure points. Since it’s made of rose quartz, you get to indulge in the heart-opening + skin-healing benefits for even longer.
- Accessing pressure points on the face helps:
- Release tension in muscles
- Smooth wrinkles + fine lines
- Decrease puffiness around the eyes
→ Keep your roller in the fridge or freezer for added de-puffing power and soothing problem areas.
- Perfect for sensitive skin, redness, or inflammation
- Significantly decreases puffiness
- Tightens skin
- Feels cooling + rejuvenating
As Courtney, our Holistic Esthetician, says about face rolling:
(See Courtney’s daily skincare routine here.)
- Even 1 minute a day is going to provide results.
- Courtney recommends doing about 3 passes for each area of the face (watch her tutorial here.)
→ In terms of where you want to roll, there are no rules. This tool is meant to be intuitive and easy to use.
- It’s powerfully multipurpose. It can support your whole body, not just your face. The rolling motions support fascia, muscle, and lymph flow, which all impact overall health and immunity.
Try your rose quartz roller on your:
- Anywhere on the body you want to boost flow and circulation
→ Cleaning your rose quartz roller is simple.
- Clean after each use! Hygiene matters.
- Keep your rose quartz roller in its pouch to keep germs at bay – especially if you store it in your fridge/freezer.
- Spritz with our non-toxic hand sanitizer if you’re in a hurry, or just wash with warm soapy water.
Extra Benefit: Perfect for Busier Seasons of Life or Mommas
If you get to the end of the day and you just don’t have the energy for a long routine – or a gua sha session – don’t worry. Your rose quartz face roller is waiting for you. It’ll simplify your routine while still providing you with powerful results.
Use your roller whenever you’re tired and want to practice self-care effortlessly (okay, very minimal effort).
Night hack: If you’re prone to getting too sleepy at night to feel motivated – try keeping it by your bed on your nightstand. Then reach over to grab it and roll while your head is on the pillow and your skincare’s already on.
Trust us, the soothing strokes will lull you into a relaxed state/space of rest before sleep. All while fitting a facial massage into your day. It’s a match made in heaven.
Morning hack: Roll first thing in the morning if you’re not a morning person. It’s easy to implement. The cooling sensation from the chilled roller is an excellent way to help you wake up slowly and ease eye puffiness.
Nursing moms hack: Use the facial roller on your breasts to enhance your milk supply or soothe clogged milk ducts. Rolling is a great way to relieve/support the breastfeeding process and breast health in the postpartum phase of life.
We love how versatile this tool is.
It’s at the mercy of however you choose to use it each day. Long or short routine – you’ll be glad you pulled out your rose quartz roller.
The Perfect Gift to Yourself (Or a Loved One) During The Month of Love
As you can see, using the rose quartz roller is fairly easy – or any roller, for that matter. With a little bit of effort + consistency, you’re bound to see some stellar results.
It’s a holistic tool that goes more than just skin-deep. Indulge in the ritual of a rose quartz roller this month to support your skin + overall sense of wellness.
Take out your rose quartz roller this month, or snag one for yourself.
You won’t regret it.
- Geology.com | Rose Quartz
- CitizenSustainable | Is Quartz Sustainable? An Honest Look at the Facts
- Crystal Vaults | Rose Quartz Healing Properties, Meanings, and Uses
- Neocrystals | 5 Wonderful Benefits of Rose Quartz Crystal
Leave a Comment