Not Using CBD In Your Skincare Routine Yet? 4 Reasons You Should Be
Did you miss our first CBD post? If so, we *strongly* suggest you head over to this post to dive deeper into what CBD actually is, the reality of THC (the part of the plant that gives it its bad rap), how the extraction method actually makes a BIG difference and the real reasons why CBD has become so much more than just a beauty trend – but a truly transformative ingredient.
Whether you’re still a bit skeptical or completely aboard the CBD bandwagon, we want to give you the inside scoop on why this hemp-derived oil has reached an all-time high – and 4 reasons why it should be a part of your topical skincare routine asap.
CBD’s ENTOURAGE EFFECT
Rich in medicinal and therapeutic benefits, CBD infuses the skin with nutrient-dense goodness – but without any worries of getting high. 😉 The synergy of phytonutrients found in full-spectrum CBD is known as The Entourage Effect and has a greater capacity to contribute to skin health, homeostasis + your overall sense of wellness. When it comes to CBD and its compounds, they’re better together.
Here are a few potent compounds that CBD contains + their benefits:
- Cannabinoids: While cannabinoids can be found in several plant species, there are over 100 of these beneficial compounds found in the Cannabis Sativa plant specifically that bind to receptors in the body. Our favorite cannabinoid and the one we’re focusing on today, CBD, primarily impacts the immune system and skin (unlike THC, which binds to receptors in the brain – hence, it’s mind-altering effects) to powerfully support health + homeostasis.
- Terpenes: You might be familiar with terpenes if you’ve ever used essential oils! There are hundreds of these naturally occurring compounds found in Cannabis and they’re what gives the plant its unique scent + specific effects and helps to boost absorption of other beneficial components of the plant.
- Flavonoids: Found in various foods + flowers, flavonoids are what create their vivid colors (think: raspberries, roses and yes, wine!). They are rich in anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties and when partnered with terpenes + cannabinoids, the therapeutic properties are seriously enhanced.
CBD Note: For the *most* broad + beneficial skin-supportive properties, be sure to use only organic, full-spectrum CBD Oil on your skin for the full plant profile (aka the Entourage Effect)! Keeping the synergistic benefits intact creates a more potent, transformative CBD oil and offers significantly more therapeutic + medicinal support for skin and overall wellness.
CALMS SKIN CONDITIONS
People have been taking CBD Oil internally to help relieve issues like anxiety, pain, depression, inflammation + insomnia for centuries, but just recently, it’s become a buzz word in the beauty world. And for GOOD reason. Just like the benefits that CBD Oil offers when ingested (a more quiet mind, calm mood + balanced state of being), research is showing that it has a similar effect when applied topically to the skin. CBD Oil is easily recognized and received by the skin to help support healthy skin functions and its own natural healing processes.
Like we mentioned above, cannabinoids are a compound that play a vital part in CBD’s beauty benefits and they are potent in anti-inflammatory properties to powerfully decrease discomfort and reduce redness associated with inflammatory skin conditions (such as dermatitis, acne, psoriasis, eczema). So for sensitive skin, acne-prone complexions, and inflammatory conditions, CBD is a total dream.
NATURAL ACNE TREATMENT
Struggling to keep your acne-prone skin clear? CBD could be the solution you’ve been searching for. The visible improvements in the skin are why CBD Oil is starting to take the skincare market by storm. This beauty botanical is most well known for being an effective natural acne treatment because of its potent antioxidant, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory benefits. Helping to balance oil production, inhibit the buildup of dead skin cells and minimize inflammation, it helps to prevent acne from occurring and keep skin clear.
When you think CBD, think: skin superfood.
CBD has the *perfect* ratio of omega 6 to omega 3 fatty acids to maintain a healthy appearance and more GLA than any other plant (Gamma Linoleic Acid a.k.a. a strong anti-inflammatory compound), helping to relieve painful skin conditions such as psoriasis and eczema.
It also contains a variety of vitamins (like Vitamin A, D + E), minerals and multiple amino acids (the building blocks of our body) to strengthen the skin, create a more resilient complexion and optimize collagen production.
- Vitamin A: Encourages the production of collagen, elastin and healthy skin cells + strengthens tissue to keep skin firm, smooth and youthful while helping to heal skin issues from acne to aging.
- Vitamin D: Contributes to skin cell development, repair, metabolism and immune function + protects and rejuvenates skin by protecting against free radicals that cause premature aging.
- Vitamin E: Powerful antioxidant that repairs and reverses free radical damage + deeply hydrates and promotes healing in skin’s appearance.
As a powerful skin soother for puffy, red, stressed, irritated, damaged, inflamed (should we go on?) complexions, CBD’s presence in the skincare world will only continue to expand because of its power to truly transform the skin.
And we cannot wait for you to experience it. XO
Leave a Comment
Get our free guide:
12 Ways to Support Radiant Skin, a Healthy Body + a Happy Self