Our Non-Toxic Makeup Roundup (Plus 5 Pro Makeup Hacks)
“What makeup products + brands do you recommend?”
We get this question all of the time. So we figured it was about time to spill our favorites!
Because we’ve literally built our brand (and our lives!) around 100% clean skincare, we’re BIG believers that the products you apply not only impact the appearance + health of your skin, but the health of your. whole. self.
Since we care about skin (and YOUR well-being), we hold the same high standards for the makeup we apply. But it can be tough to find the best natural makeup products, so we did the hard work for you. 🙂 We’ve been testing and applying and playing with makeup products for months and these are the top products that made our list!
Whether you’re in the process of detoxing your beauty bag, minimizing your makeup routine (like our Community Manager, Katie, did!) or just a total makeup junkie – no matter what your go-to makeup look might be, clean up your makeup with our non-toxic roundup below!
- RMS “Un” Cover-Up Concealer (“If I could only have one makeup item for the rest of my life, this would be it!” -Bethany)
- W3ll People Bio Correct Concealer
- W3ll People Bio-Tint Multi-Action Moisturizer SPF 30
- Beautycounter Dew Skin Tinted Moisturizer
- 100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Tinted Moisturizer (“These are ingredients I definitely want on my skin everyday!” -Courtney)
- Beautycounter Tint Skin Hydrating Foundation
- W3ll People Bio-Brightener Invisible Powder (Perfect for setting makeup and minimizing mid-day shine.)
- RMS Living Illuminizer (“A glowy, dewy highlighter I love.” -Bethany)
- W3ll People Nudist Multi-Use Cream Stick (“I’m all about multi-purpose makeup products and this color/texture takes the cake.” -Courtney)
- RMS Lip2Cheek
- W3ll People Bio Bronzer Powder
- 100% Pure Cocoa Pigmented Bronzer
- RMS Buriti Bronzer (“The perfect creamy bronzer for creating a healthy, sun-kissed look!” -Courtney)
- RMS Eye Polish (“Subtle and easy to apply for those of us who haven’t mastered the art of powdered eyeshadows! I wear the “Myth” shade.” -Bethany)
- W3ll People Nudist Eyeshadow Palette (“The natural colors remind me of the cult favorite “Naked Palatte” – but it’s non-toxic!” -Courtney)
- Stouder House Eyeliner
- 100% Pure Creamy Long Last Eyeliner in Dark Cacao
- W3ll People Hypnotist Eye Pencil
- Lily Lolo Big Lash Mascara
- ILIA Limitless Lash Mascara
- W3LL People Expressionist Pro Mascara (“This has been my mascara go-to for years.” -Courtney)
- ILIA Tinted Lip Conditioner
- W3ll People Optimist Lipstick -Soulmate
- Beautycounter Sheer Lipstick
- RMS Lip2Cheek (“The “Paradise” shade is my favorite!” -Bethany)
- W3ll People Nudist Multi-Use Cream (“I’ve been loving “No. 11 Nude Peach” – just a little touch of color.” -Courtney)
1. Dust loose/translucent powder (like this one!) under your eyes after applying mascara to help minimize raccoon eyes.
2. Pat a tiny bit of this non-toxic hairspray to your brows to keep hairs in place all day! (The travel size is perfect for stashing in your makeup bag.)
3. Prep lips with PP Lip Balm for a soft, nourished foundation before applying any lip color. Want to wake up to even more plump, hydrated lips? Apply Lip Balm before bed!
4. It’s all about layering: Concealer, then tinted moisturizer. Cream blush, then powder bronzer. Volumizing mascara, then lengthening. Cream eyeliner, then powdered shadow. Layering helps to build your look and give it some serious staying power.
5. While we love a good makeup brush, your fingers make the best applying/blending tools – plus the warmth from your hands helps the product just melt into your skin (which is exactly why we’re going non-toxic!).
Wondering why swapping out your makeup stash for non-toxic options really is such a big deal? Read more here! And if you have any clean makeup brands/products you swear by, share them below! XO