H E L L O
We take hiring seriously. The process outlined below is designed to ensure that we bring on individuals who are aligned with our mission, vision and values in addition to being the best fitting person for the job. If the info below aligns with you and ignites excitement within you, we encourage you to bring your a-game to this interview process! If not, we may not be the best fit for each other and that’s okay too.
O U R S T O R Y
Primally Pure is a natural skincare company that inspires fresh perspectives on beauty through traditional practices. We believe that caring for your skin shouldn’t come at the expense of your health, and formulate products using fewer + better ingredients derived from nature for maximum purity and potency. We seek to improve the health, well-being and confidence of our community through powerful, non-toxic skincare products, life-changing clean living education and intentional human connection.
Our Founder Bethany McDaniel started Primally Pure in 2015 out of a personal desire to approach skincare from more of a holistic perspective and less of a clinical one. Having used all sorts of harsh prescription creams and pills to treat her acne as a teenager and young adult (and dealing with red, raw, irritated skin as a result), Bethany was blown away by the effects she eventually experienced after ditching the harsh chemicals and replacing them with simple + natural ingredients. Bethany’s journey inspired her to start Primally Pure (with an initial $250 order for ingredients + supplies) to help others experience the benefits of using clean products.
Although Primally Pure has grown exponentially since our launch in 2015 (an average of 175% year over year), our team still exemplifies the same level of passion and scrappiness that allowed Bethany to succeed back when she was making products in her kitchen, labeling them in her living room and shipping packages in her bedroom.
These qualities and more have enabled us to launch several new products and curate buckets of transformative clean living content over the years, all while maintaining a return rate of just over 1% and a customer retention rate of nearly 60%.
T H E J O B
We are looking for an experienced Shipping Supervisor to manage daily shipping operations. You will be the one to ensure complete orders are shipped and delivered in a timely manner.
A successful shipping manager is analytical, well organized and excels in communication. They must be comfortable with paperwork and information systems and have great knowledge of shipping procedures.
The goal is to ensure that the shipping processes are running smoothly and effectively.
Let’s dive into some (but definitely not all!) of the responsibilities for this position.
R E S P O N S I B I L I T I E S
- Use software (Shipstation/Shopify) to track, check, prioritize and route orders
- Manage all important documents such as advanced shipping notice, pick slips etc
- Direct the flow of packages from preparation to shipment
- Supervise and lead subordinates (order pickers etc.)
- Collaborate with warehouse, purchasing, production and other managers to optimize processes
- Resolve issues regarding shipped orders
- Ensure compliance to legal regulations and company policies
- Report weekly to management on activities, issues and forecasting
R E Q U I R E M E N T S + S K I L L S
- Proven experience as shipping manager
- Solid knowledge of shipping procedures
- Computer savvy with excellent knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel)
- Good understanding of budgeting and reporting
- Experience in directing and evaluation subordinates
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving abilities
O U R C U L T U R E
We hope that by reading through our Guiding Principles and Pure Team Ethos, that you will glean a better understanding of what sort of a culture we seek to create and protect at Primally Pure.
P U R E P R I N C I P L E S
- Powerful, Non-Toxic Products That Work. Everyone deserves to feel confident in the skin they’re in without compromising ingredient quality or efficacy. Our #1 goal as a company is to formulate and produce the most effective, safest and well-made natural products available.
- Life-Changing Clean Living Education. Skin health is often a direct reflection of what’s going on inside, and the products we use are only a piece of caring for your skin and self. We are passionate about creating and sharing cutting-edge health information (oftentimes unconventional/alternative in nature) to support and empower our community in lessening toxic load and living a whole, healthful life.
- Elevated design. Our brand aesthetic is of the utmost importance, and a high level of attention to detail, care, and expense goes into creating everything from our product labels to all of our content, to the design of our HQ. Surrounding ourselves with elevated design in turn elevates our creativity, productivity and output.
- Community + Connection. We strive to create a community that’s helpful, inclusive and inspiring. Being in community with others who are on the same path can be instrumental in one’s success or failure in adopting a new lifestyle practice. Our goal is to come alongside our community and offer support and encouragement every step of the way.
P U R E T E A M E T H O S ( W H O W E A R E )
- Passionate: Every role at PP plays an instrumental part in sharing clean products and clean living education with others, and that’s what motivates us to give our all each day. We are go-getters who think outside the box and get excited about executing ideas and opportunities.
- Understanding: We communicate with thoughtfulness and kindness to our co-workers and to our customers. We offer grace at all times, even when it isn’t deserved. We are not easily offended, and do our best to assume that others have good intentions.
- Respectful: We respect ourselves, our co-workers, our customers, and our community. We appreciate each person’s role on the PP Team, even if we do not fully understand it.
- Efficacious: We follow through on our responsibilities, take pride in the work we do and produce exceptional results.
- Truth-seeking: We question conventional narratives about skincare, health and wellness. We actively do our own research to form opinions.
- Exceptional: We are not satisfied with the status quo and go above and beyond with the high quality products we produce, the education we create and the outstanding service we provide to our customers.
- Ambitious: We think big and set exciting (and slightly intimidating!) goals for ourselves.
- Mindful: We are biohackers who seek to improve our health and performance. We acknowledge that our mindset, what we put into our bodies and what we put onto our bodies all have a direct effect on our health and happiness.
P U R E T E A M P E R K S
- Unlimited paleo snacks, supplied by Thrive Market
- Beverages (coffee, tea and DRAM)
- Team meetings
- Quarterly PP Gift Cards
- 50% off discount on employee purchases
- Frequent team workshops and other culture-building activities
- Generous time off policy
If you are eager to join our team, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or check back soon for other open opportunities. We look forward to hearing from you soon!